The Insulin Resistance Diet Plan & Cookbook: Lose Weight, Manage PCOS, and Prevent Prediabetes
(as of Aug 01,2022 13:20:19 UTC – Details)
SAMPLE RECIPE: Nutty Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Blueberries
Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 30 minutes
PER SERVING: Calories: 246; Carbs: 24g; Glycemic Load: 17; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 8g; Sodium: 2mg; Fat: 14g
Though this oatmeal is delicious on its own, don’t forget the blueberry topping, because these sweet berries contain beneficial properties for those with insulin resistance. The phytonutrients in blueberries can reduce the risk of unhealthy belly fat as well as improve insulin sensitivity and glucose levels. Both cultivated and wild blueberries are good choices for your diet.
1. Put the water in a medium saucepan over high heat, and bring the liquid
to a boil.
2. Stir in the oats, and reduce the heat to low so they simmer gently.
3. Simmer the oats uncovered for about 20 minutes, until they are tender.
4. Stir in the almond butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Serve topped with blueberries and whole almonds.
INGREDIENTS: 3 cups water 1 cup steel-cut oats 3 tbsp almond butter 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp ground nut meg Pinch ground ginger 1 cup blueberries 1/2 cup whole almonds
Publisher : Rockridge Press (April 19, 2016)
Language : English
Paperback : 222 pages
ISBN-10 : 1623157285
ISBN-13 : 978-1623157289
Item Weight : 1.2 pounds
Dimensions : 7.4 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches